1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer - Ashland, OH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From Jjobs.com
    JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Full-time Sports Writer

Date Posted: April 16, 2015
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified

Description:

Full-time Sports Writer -- Covering high school and community sports is the bread-and-butter of the Ashland Times-Gazette's sports section. Our sports coverage is consistently ranked among the best in Ohio for newspapers our size. Our sports department consists of three full-time writers and a stable of stringers who cover nine area high schools, Ashland University and various community and youth sports. We would prefer someone with experience, but will consider recent college grads with an internship or extensive student publication experience. The Times-Gazette is a 10,500-circulation, six-day, morning newspaper with a growing digital presence. To apply, send a resume and six varied clips to Sports Editor Doug Haidet at dhaidet@times-gazette.com. Deadline for applications is May 1st with interviews beginning immediately.

2. Illino

Illino Member

I am the one leaving. I am headed out of the industry.

This is a fantastic opportunity for someone. You will be working for some standout people.

Any ?'s, drop me a message

3. JoeScalzo

JoeScalzo New Member

Pleased to pass on that Curtis Pulliam got this job. Curtis was an intern with us at the Youngstown Vindicator over the last year. Good dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted