1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer- Albany, GA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=711978

Company: The Albany Herald
    Position:
    Sports Writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable

Description:

The Albany Herald, a daily newspaper located in Southwest Georgia, has an opening for an energetic, well-rounded sportswriter. The position will focus heavily on local high school and local college sports. Duties include game coverage, feature and enterprise writing, column writing, and photography/videography. The position will primarily focus on writing and reporting five days a week, but will also require helping with copy editing. Applicants should not be rigid in thinking of a traditional 24-hour news cycle and should embrace practices such as blogs and Web-posting of breaking news. You must have access to dependable transportation and maintain company-required level of auto insurance coverage. To apply, send a letter, your resume, five of your best clips representing the scope of your ability, and three references to Danny Carter, Managing Editor, The Albany Herald, P.O. Box 48, Albany, Ga. 31702, or submit the items via email to danny.carter@albanyherald.com. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.

2. jsimp

jsimp Member

Any updates on this job?

3. jsimp

jsimp Member

Anybody heard anything on this one?

4. lely

lely New Member

I was contacted for an interview a few weeks ago. Was no longer looking for a position though. Not sure when it was filled.

5. jsimp

jsimp Member

I wan contacted for an interview as well, but I never heard anything back from them.

6. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Hope they got the guy some help. I've covered a couple of Albany State games with him this season and he was having to run around like a chicken with his head cut off....

7. slc10

slc10 Member

I wonder where things stand with this job. So far I know there are a lot of eating establishments. my cousin and his wife go out a lot.

8. jsimp

jsimp Member

Anyone hear anything on this job yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted