1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer -- Albany (Ga.) Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ChmDogg, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

The SJ's resident bastion of negativity speaks! Amazing the bile that flies out of that keyboard.

For those who question about the turnover, check the last thread. Albany is not that awful Paxton shop in Marietta for sure.

2. boots

boots New Member

Buck, you called that one correctly. Besides, I've never exchanged words with Bamadog. And I don't post negativitiy. I post the truth. Sometimes, the truth hurts and there are many who can't handle the truth.

3. Von D. Jillarreal

Von D. Jillarreal New Member

Funny how someone who's posted for the past year about his fictitious forays into anal sex with his neighbor, when he's actually married with children, is talking about the truth. Hypocrite.

4. boots

boots New Member

If I were married with children, I could address it. I'm not so I won't.

5. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

So they've got a sports editor...are they going to move on the sports reporter now?

6. turnovers

turnovers Member

Yeah is this still open?

7. ChmDogg

ChmDogg Member

Actually, yes. Very.

They decided to put it on hold until the new SE started. Seeing as how that is this weekend, I would expect that (for the first time) serious action will be taken on this position in the next 10-14 days.

I would look for a hire by mid-to-late March (if that long).

Like I said, it appears things pretty much got put on pause for 30 days. Godspeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted