1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Website Content Manager/Providers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by The Beatles, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Paging CoachesAid.com ... Paging CoachesAid.com ...

Sigh

rb

2. jmb51879

jmb51879 Member

So, to make sure I understand ... No contacts in the industry, no experience in the industry, snippy and rude to people who have questions, and the email address wouldn't clear my spam filter? Where do I sign up?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just remember ... it's not Facebook!

4. It took years for Facebook to make a profit and anyone trying to sell "down the road" as less than a year is not someone you want to do business with.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Give the guy a chance. He's trying to make a difference. I think.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I'm down with the idea of opportunities to write and maybe you think you're leading some kind of revolution in sports writing, but don't be shocked if you get no reply.

I want to tell you, if you're asking writers to spend a hard day's night on this, when they ask about salary, you need to adopt a "we can work it out" attitude. If I needed someone to produce material for me, I would have to offer money, because that's really what they want, not some kind of stocks or equity. Can't pay the taxman with a non-tangible piece of a fledgling company.

If you stay with this, it will be a long, long, long time before you find anyone flying from here, there and everywhere to do these jobs. And by the time it starts getting better, your company will be nowhere, man.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I adore you sometimes. :)

8. The Beatles

The Beatles New Member

Website develop issues. Launch is postponed, but still in 2013. Reply to various comments (not necessarily in order):
    1) I'm always more than happy to answer any questions via email.
    2) If you're not interested, that must mean you don't care. Why bother replying?
    3) If you're earmarked as spam, the problem is on your end.
    4) I completely understand why people are skeptical. This is the internet after all. We did say we would pay earnest money. It's business; everything is negotiable.
    5) We're not a sportswriting revolution but we have something no one else does.

9. JPsT

JPsT Member

What is it?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Gee, what a surprise.

Revolution, Beatles? Or are you a Nowhere Man?

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, Rip, just let it be. I mean, we can work it out, right?

12. BrianM

BrianM Member

Hey Beatles,

Here's my advice. Don't hire Yoko Ono. She'll just break up the whole venture.

Draft saved Draft deleted