1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Website Content Manager/Providers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by The Beatles, Oct 27, 2012.

1. The Beatles

The Beatles New Member

Start-up sports related website is looking for a Content Manager and Content Providers. Not going to be Facebook, but different than anything currently out there. ROI could be outstanding.

2. Is this a job or a freelance gig, and do you pay? ROI would indicate not.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Not going to be Facebook? So you mean it's actually going to live up to its IPO? Sign me up!

4. The Beatles

The Beatles New Member

We will pay travel expenses to interview the right person. Additionally, we are also willing to pay several thousand dollars up front as "earnest money". As you guessed, the big payoff is down the road and the road is not long (< one year). We will not be Facebook, but believe we will be very profitable. The person(s) that are willing to contribute "sweat equity" will be richly rewarded and can obtain an equity position in the company. Are you an entrepreneur or satisfied working 9-5 for the rest of your life? It's up to you.

5. So this website is going to do something many others have failed at, which is making money?

6. The Beatles

The Beatles New Member

You are a quick study.

7. espnguy

espnguy Member

Ok, I'll bite -- but your ad does not indicate any contact info. And I'm sure some of the more cynical members would like a bit more information on the concept and plan before committing. Please understand that there have been many similar "offers" on SJ that have come and gone virtually overnight. While I can understand some of the cynicism, I admit I am intrigued by what you are proposing -- but I'm sure you can realize why we would like more info. Thanks.

8. The Beatles

The Beatles New Member

I'm new to this site and I had the boxed checked to allow people to email me. I assumed it was viewable. If not, contact me a kawika@cinci.rr.com for more information.

9. If this venture has a great upside, why come here to recruit, at least for a manager? You should have people in mind.

10. The Beatles

The Beatles New Member

We're new to this arena. Our current careers are outside this realm. If this doesn't appeal to you, why worry about how we do things?

11. If you don't know why people would be skeptical about a venture like this, then you're clueless.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You're the one that started this thread. People are going to naturally have questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted