1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports web producer, Baltimore, Md.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Apr 17, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Sports web producer
    Baltimoresun.com is seeking an innovative and hard-working sports producer. The ideal candidate is a versatile online journalist equally capable of handling breaking news and producing original sports content. A strong knowledge of Baltimore-area sports is preferred. Meticulous copy editing skills and online experience are required.

Key components of this job include: · Updating the sports and home pages with stories and evergreen content · Producing multimedia to enhance stories · Developing compelling interactive elements to accompany stories and editing user generated content · Assisting with the production of special sections and long-term projects

The position requires a background in sports reporting and editing, and some knowledge of HTML and PhotoShop. Experience producing online audio and/or video is a plus. The position requires some evening and weekend hours.

If you're a journalist interested in joining Maryland ’s top sports Web site, please send a cover letter, resume (including the URLs of sites where you’ve contributed), salary requirements and two writing samples to the following address:

baltimoresun.com Sports Web Producer position 2 Hamill Road, Suite 200 Baltimore, MD 21210

or: jobs@baltimoresun.com

2. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Besides headlines, think there's any writing involved with this gig?

3. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

This position was re-posted on j-jobs today.

Anyone know why? I sent an email to the higher-ups the first time it was posted looking for more info, and never got a response.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

This job has been posted countless times in the last few years. I have no idea why, but something to consider.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Sun is up against a contentious contract negotiation, and the place doesn't pay that well considering the cost of living.

6. MadDog2020Terp

MadDog2020Terp New Member

I interned there and worked under the person who filled this position at the time.

It is NOT a writing job. It's not journalism at all. You don't even work at The Sun. The Sun and baltimoresun.com are separate entities.

You occasionally have to write something for the site, but not stories really. For example, I had to write a bare-bones recap of a Ravens season and I wrote the description of Camden Yards. Occasionally, I had to write something really short, like previewing a Maryland women's NCAA Tourney game, but that was only up until the real story replaced it.

Draft saved Draft deleted