1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Videographer - Louisville Courier-Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MonsterLobster, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Looking to fill this with someone who wants to do everything from serious documentary-style pieces to this: Internet falls in love with Tahj Rice's college commitment video

Feel free to email me with questions at ccwhite@courier-journal.com (and please include video links, of course), but you've also got to apply through the Gannett portal linked below. Just please put SPORTS VIDEOGRAPHER in the subject line so I can organize these among the 400 other emails I get every day.

The official job post ...

USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
    The Courier-Journal of Louisville, Kentucky, is looking for a sports videographer who loves the challenge of creating heart-stopping highlights clips, fan-oriented hype videos or documentaries so compelling people can’t stop watching. We want someone who understands the window sports provides into human emotion, but also likes to poke a little fun at our all-too-serious sports world.

If you’re the type of person who can bring the 30 for 30, E:60, Real Sports and For The Win! mentality to a major Division I college town, this is the job opportunity for you.

The canvas is big: University of Louisville, University of Kentucky, the Kentucky Derby and a whole range of athletes with big-time prospects at the high school level.

Job requirements include:

• Ability to shoot video and edit

• Proficiently on either Final Cut or Adobe Premiere with the ability to react quickly in a breaking news environment.

• Experience building graphics, effects or animations in Adobe After Effects or similar programs is a plus.

• The USA TODAY Network is fast becoming a leader in innovative video, including a robust partnership that pairs local videographers with our renowned VR team.
    The Courier-Journal is a 10-time Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization in a metro area known for its internationally recognized chefs and restaurants; vibrant music scene, including the Forecastle music festival; world-class bourbon distilleries; and Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. The quality of life is sky-high and the cost of living is impressively low.

Job opportunity at Gannett | USA TODAY NETWORK - Sports Videographer

Draft saved Draft deleted