1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Trivia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 16, 2018.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Da
    Daryl Motley was in RF, I know that much. Not sure where the Royals had Don Denkinger stationed.

Sea Bass likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Denkinger was behind the plate, of course. Joaquin Andujar coming after him over his ball-strike calls was probably the most memorable moment of that game.

I know Saberhagen was pitching and Brett was at third as I remember those two embracing right after the final out. Sundberg was catching, and I figure David Letterman's favorite player, Buddy Biancalana, was at short. I'm guessing Steve Balboni was at first (unless they took him out for defensive purposes). That's all I got.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Frank White at second.

That's all I got.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Willie Wilson in CF?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Motley in RF
    Willie Wilson in CF
    Frank White at 2B
    Steve Balboni at 1B
    Buddy Biancalana at SS
    Brett at 3B
    Saberhagen at P
    Sundberg at C
    Lynn Jones in LF

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I should have phrased the question: Which city has lost NBA franchises to two other cities, not just lost franchises. That was the spirit I was going for. Relocation question, not a teams folding question.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What non-Celtic/non-LeBron has played in the most consecutive NBA Finals?

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Combining Chef and Cosmo's themes: Kansas City has lost franchises to other cities in three of the four major leagues. Where are those teams now?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oakland (A's), Sacramento (Kings) and New Jersey (Devils, by way of Colorado)

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Correct. I thought the Devils might trip some people up. My in-laws are Devils season ticket holders. I really want them to do a Scouts throwback jersey night.

Huggy likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That would be cool, never crazy abut the colours but I like the logo (great old school mask on Denis Herron too)

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted