1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Trivia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 16, 2018.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who is the only player to catch two perfect games?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yessir.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Carter was president when I was a toddler, so relatively speaking, yes.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Baltimore. Was an original NBA franchise in the '40s. Team folded, brought back again, moved to DC.

5. Michael_ Gee

Relatively speaking, there are national parks that are young compared to me.

Cosmo likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Another thing I didn't realize ... the NBA absorbed the old BAA history but treated teams from the NBL as expansion teams and their records don't count. So, you are technically correct.

7. Michael_ Gee

Back in the day, even before my day, nobody gave a shit about records. That's why AAFC records aren't in the NFL records but AFL records are.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ron Hassey. Barker's and Dennis Martinez's.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Technically-speaking, Buffalo did lose two franchises. The Tri-City Blackhawks, who are now the Atlanta Hawks, were in Buffalo for a little longer than a month when they played in the National Basketball League (which merged with the Basketball Association of America to form the NBA), before moving to the Midwest and eventually joined the NBA.

They also played in Milwaukee and St. Louis before moving to Atlanta.

Tri-Cities Blackhawks (1946-1951)

Chicago also lost the Chicago Stags in 1950 (folded) and the Packers, who moved to Baltimore and became the Bullets before becoming today's Washington Wizards.

Baltimore also lost two versions of the Bullets, once in the 50s (folded) and the other to Washington.

St.Louis saw one team fold, and lost the Hawks to Atlanta.

Indianapolis saw two early teams fold.

List of defunct National Basketball Association teams - Wikipedia

10. Michael_ Gee

If your town loses a franchise called Tri-Cities, it obviously should only be credited with 1/3 of a loss.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember having an NBA history book from the 70s that had each year's standings.

It was strange to see this huge league in the late 40s after the merger with most of the other years having 8 or 9 teams at most.

Even more fun, the armory in Sheboygan is still standing, although it needs preservation. Looks like a cool place.

Sheboygan Council saves Armory, approves renovation plan

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Give me the defense for the final out of the 1985 World Series.

Draft saved Draft deleted