1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Time Machine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Don Larsen's perfect game. It just seems so amazing to me that it happened in a World Series.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'll just hop in the time machine with you, and we can make a stop at the Polo Grounds, Ebbets Field, Sportmans Park too.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ali-Frazier in Manila

4. Ali-Frazier 1 though a very close runner up would be game 6 of the 1986 WS

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, who knew the Colts would move from Baltimore... ;D

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Ali-Frazier

Ali-Foreman

1980 World Series - after Tugger's last pitch

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

How about Wilt's 100-point game? Especially since no film of it is known to exist.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Why not Wilt's 30,000 conquests?

The points he scored. Get your mind out of the gutter.

9. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Game 6 of 2003 NLCS and I would sit right next to Bartman. I would bearhug him on the pop fly and see if the Cubs woulda got out of it.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

What, no trip to the Polo Grounds on Sept. 23, 1908 for the Merkle game, Buck? I'm disappointed in you. ;)

Let me join both of you, although on the way back, you'll have to make stops in Lake Placid on February 22, 1980 for the aforementioned U.S.-U.S.S.R. hockey semifinal and in Augusta, GA. on April 13, 1986 for Jack's sixth green jacket.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good call, I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot to consider that.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Y'all got it all wrong. I'd take the time machine and go FORWARD.

August 6, 2013: Angels designated hitter Alex Rodriguez hits his 764th home run, breaking the six-year-old career homer mark set by Barry Bonds in 2007. Bonds was convicted of perjury in 2008, but was pardoned by President Fred Thompson at the end of his one term in December 2012.

April 2, 2019: With the first swing of the new baseball season, 39-year-old Albert Pujols of the St. Louis Cardinals swats no. 832 of his career to pass A-Rod, and now has Sadaharu Oh squarely in his sights.

Draft saved Draft deleted