1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Team Leader, Tampa, FL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Sep 29, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

This is an assistant sports editor-type of position – roll up your sleeves. We’re looking for a strong leader with a lot of energy and ideas that translate in print and online. This is a major sports market, and we work in a dynamic atmosphere with News Channel 8 and TBO.com housed in the same building and working closely with us. This editor must be able to handle the daily details of his/her sports, recognize enterprise opportunities and plan and coordinate related big events. We want someone who is committed to developing his staff and helping us get better every day.
    Candidates must have at least five years of daily newspaper experience. Supervisory experience is preferred, but we would consider a talented writer who wants to make a change.
    Contact Kim Pendery, Senior Editor/Multimedia Sports, at kpendery@tampatrib.com or (813) 259-8406.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Who left?

3. I'm not sure, but this might be the spot vacated by Mike Harris, who was a preps coordinator. I believe he was shown the door a few months back.

4. wild_will

wild_will New Member

Do you really need to be wearing long sleeves in Tampa?

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

first, they do the "his/her sports" to be all gender-neutral, then they say "developing his staff." which is it?

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

TBO.com was one of the more innovative paper Web sites a couple years back, although I'll admit I don't look at it much anymore.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Good question. But if applying, be aware that Kim is indeed female.

8. jboy

jboy Guest

Yes. There is one.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

It was innovative back in the day.
    Today? It's a cluttered mess and is begging for a re-design.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

What about talented deskers who want to make a change?

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I know some of their "team leaders" have come from the desk in the past. Can't speak with authority on what they're looking for now, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted