1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports talk radio host: God gave MSU coach a heart attack for cheating the Irish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Sep 21, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's only when the Western kids are in town. East Lansing kids would rather spend time drinking and finding women than fighting people.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

God's a Jesuit. BC had a bye so he took the weekend off.

3. GameReporterForHire

GameReporterForHire New Member

I have always been against LOCAL JOCKS who pull this kind of stuff. Yes, they are homers and, yes, they are expected to root and side with their own team, however, bringing GOD into the story of a person's health ... in my book, not a smart thing to do.

In my book, he gets seven days in the hole (suspension) and must make a public, on air, apology before he continues.

There is crossing the line, and then there is crossing the line. This was a case of a local JOCK being insensitive and making a very uncalled for remark.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not only that, if his market is the Michiana area, while ND is far and away the most popular team in the market and U-M No. 2, MSU is definitely on the radar screen.

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Here in SB, I haven't heard anything at all about the comment(s). Wouldn't have known it was made, if I hadn't read it here.

I haven't heard this dumb*ss much, he's really new to town. Seems to have come in from Ohio (?), took over the morning drive slot on the "new" talk radio station (Rush & Beck) in town. He's in direct competition with the "nice guy" morning guy, who's been on the air for decades. Guess this was his way of peeing in his corner / staking his claim to the lowest common denominator crowd.

6. G-d?

who is G-d?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I understand saying something to rile up the masses and get a ton of calls. I don't understand saying that, under any circumstances.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Gerry DiNardo. One of the hosts of Big Ten Network.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

When did Glenn Beck get into the sports talk biz?

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

sports talk radio host:

L I G H T E N U P

I can understand people being upset with it because it may be considered in poor taste, but it was clearly tongue-in-cheek.

Over the top in saying it - yes
    Over the top in reaction - yes
    Over the top all around - yes

Draft saved Draft deleted