1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports talk radio host: God gave MSU coach a heart attack for cheating the Irish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Um, wow.

http://www.itsalwayssunnyindetroit.com/2010/09/953-fm-host-matt-patrick-should-be.html

2. Still not clear how Michigan State "cheated" the last play of the game. And oh yea, wow.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Was he actually serious? I guess running a trick play is cheating in his world. G-d should "get" this idiot radio host for being an asshole.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Seemed pretty clear the guy's tongue was in cheek when I watched that clip. Seems like a bit of an overreaction here.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Re: Sports talk radio host: God gave MSU coach a heart attack for cheating the I

[​IMG]

"Don't fuck with me."

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He was referring to the fact that the play clock had expired before the snap, not the play call. But, again, it's pretty clear the guy was just being facetious. Just another example of someone putting foot in mouth trying to play the "wacky radio guy" role.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

There was a great post on deadspin on how it was pretty much scientifically impossible for the back judge to see the double zeroes on the clock, then look to see if the ball was snapped. Apparently this guy didn't bother to realize that five tenths of a second isn't a lot of time. Suspend his ass.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As if God has the time to worry about something as trivial as the Notre Dame-Michigan State football game. He was clearly pre-occupied with helping Auburn beat Clemson. [/crossthread]

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like he was kidding at all, though I'm sure that will be the excuse. [Hey, it was just a joke!]

Seems like he was trying to be a clever asshole, and failed miserably at the clever part.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Apparently, this radio foof doesn't know East Lansing is a great town to get your ass kicked...

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Active Member

It seems pretty clear this guy was joking. Why is this even a story? I don't think this was particularly funny but I find nothing about what he said offensive. Lighten the fuck up already.

12. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Active Member

Never, never, never joke about crap like that.

Ever.

'Nuff said.

Draft saved Draft deleted