1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Takes: True or False?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

See if this becomes a thing or not.

True or false based on this photo and caption ...

Without Pippen, Jordan is just a glorified Dominique Wilkins with a longer shelf life.​

After answering you can create your own True or False.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Without Pippen, Jordan is just a glorified Dominique Wilkins with a longer shelf life.

He's still a top-5 all-time player. With maybe one ring.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Without Kareem, Magic never wins a championship.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Magic won a ring with 41 year old Kareem in ‘88. Throw an average center in that lineup in Kareem’s place and they still win it.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was just looking at the Game 6 box score from that year (the Isiah game). Lakers tried 2 3-point shots the whole game.

In the most recent Finals Game 6 (2019), the Raptors tried 33 3s and the Warriors 31.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The stat I would like to see is what the opposing team in the possession following the three-point attempt averages in points per possession.

Do long rebounds lead to easier attempts on the other end?
    Does shooting the three lead to more offensive rebounds?
    Does shooting the three mean less free throw attempt?
    More or less turnovers?

Can you break all these stats down by player? I’m sure it can be done, but is this info being published?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I would like to know the win/loss record for teams that take X amount of 3s per game over, say, the last five years.

What is the record if you attempt 15 3s? 14? 13? 25? And so on.

And then by makes.

Cleveland Cavs seem to think a successful season can be had by taking the fewest 3-pointers in the league.

But then the 76ers are two spots above them and best in the East.

Top four in the league are Portland, Utah, Houston, and Toronto, so a bit of a mixed bag.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Gretzky stays in Edmonton and there is no mass NHL expansion into “sun” states; Jimmy Carson becomes a perennial All-Star with the Kings; Robin Thicke doesn’t go into music.

Draft saved Draft deleted