1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports subjects you are just plain tired of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's a thousand times worse now because there are a thousand more channels ... and Twitter.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ridiculous 'records' or achievements. The first 24 year old with back to back triple doubles on the road in January.

misterbc and bigpern23 like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

ANALYTICS! Advanced stats in baseball making the game a lot more efficient (also a lot more boring).

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In sheer volume? I suppose - if you choose to stream them all.

But there are also a million more choices and opportunities to opt out.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

College football recruiting - It's skeevy, most of the info comes directly from the coaches and a whole lot of the reporters are de facto recruiters for the colleges they cover.

Bracketology - It's fucking January, can we wait until late February to care about March Madness brackets?

maumann, HanSenSE, Alma and 2 others like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I can stream just one -- ESPN -- and be exhausted 32 seconds into a (insert whatever makes me exhausted).

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Aside from Tiger, are any of these still a thing?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Spot on with both. Stories about three-stars? Updates about when a three-star might cut his list? Geez, I know it's cheap and easy with social media, but you don't see coverage of some deputy manager in state or local government being hired to this level and it will have a lot more impact (and require a few more phone calls). Bracketology bores me until March - even then, I'm more interested in the last four in, first four out.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

ESPN now broadcasting spring games like they're a real thing.

Tarheel316 and HanSenSE like this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

TV — I'm looking at you, ESPN — covering a kid announcing where he's going to play football or basketball.

Cut off your dick and go fuck yourself.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The NFL Draft. It’s not until spring, yet, we get tons of stories about Wide Receiver X is going to drop three rounds in the 2021 draft because he ran 0.02 seconds slower in the 40 in a random practice to prepare for Bumfuck State Sisters of the Poor College.

maumann likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just once, I’d like to see a reporter ask the kid what are they going to major in.

Draft saved Draft deleted