1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporting opening at SunSentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by GLee, Jun 23, 2014.

1. GLee

GLee New Member

Greetings

In the coming days, this job will be posted online. I just wanted to get you the heads up to prepare your materials for submission.

The Sun Sentinel seeks a reporter to cover Florida Atlantic University athletics and South Florida’s recruiting coordinator. This reporter, based in South Florida, will be primary reporter covering the athletic program. The successful candidate will cover games; write breaking news, features, and enterprise stories; shoot and edit video; contribute to blogs; create and manage content for the web; promote the Sun Sentinel's coverage through broadcast appearances, and use social media as a journalistic tool.

We're looking for a versatile, talented reporter who knows how to juggle multiple assignments and can conceive and execute good ideas on deadline. Strong digital skills are expected, including the ability to shoot, edit and appear on video and to assist in management of FAU and high school recruiting content on our website. This journalist will also be asked to perform web production duties during FAU and recruiting off-seasons. This job will require strong reporting, writing and digital skills.

Greg

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Did Dieter get a promotion or is this unrelated to the preps editor position?

3. GLee

GLee New Member

The Sun Sentinel has openings for the FAU position. I am also still taking applications for the high school sports editor role.

4. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Will the materials be emailed or will there be a link to apply to?

5. GLee

GLee New Member

A link should be coming in the next couple of days.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

This "recruiting offseason" of which you speak ...

7. GLee

GLee New Member

The link to the opening. https://sunsentinel-tribune.icims.com/jobs/40050/reporter/job

8. RBluhm

RBluhm New Member

I would love this job as much as the other one at the Sun-Sentinel. I'm from Palm Beach County and started my career at the Palm Beach Post many moons ago. Would love a chance to go home. And yes, I've now thrown my resume at both. Hopefully Greg will realize I'm perfect for either one and let me come home. (I can almost taste my grandmother's homemade blackeye peas and cornbread.)

9. jclary33

jclary33 New Member

Man, this is exactly the opportunity I'm looking for. Will definitely be receiving my resume. Thanks for the heads up.

10. jsimp

jsimp Member

Any updates or decisions yet on this job?

11. Some need to do their careers a favor and tone down the public begging.

12. CaymanGuy

CaymanGuy Member

They're the Facebook generation, Walter. Think every idea and emotion must be expressed publicly.

Draft saved Draft deleted