1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporters - Manitowoc, WI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BadgerEagle414, Oct 20, 2009.

1. BadgerEagle414

BadgerEagle414 New Member

This was on JJ, didn't think I saw this anywhere else.

Company: Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers
    Position: Sports reporters
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: November 20, 2009
    Job ID: 1111321

Description:
    The Herald Times Reporter, a Gannett daily in Manitowoc, Wis., seeks two versatile sports reporters -- one full-time, one part-time -- to help fulfill our commitment to excellence in local coverage.
    These reporters will gather information, cover events and write stories for print and online and will design pages using Quark. Sports reporters work nights and weekends as needed.

The successful candidates will value accuracy and emphasize local preps. Coverage includes youth, recreational and outdoors activities, such as hunting and fishing. Duties include reporting from sports venues, desk work and contact with coaches, sports organizations, schools and other sources. These positions require resourcefulness, time management, mastery of AP style plus excellent writing and copy-editing skills.

Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to develop sources and break news and will have a working familiarity with digital audio and video devices and digital cameras. You should be able to think visually and to work with our photo staff to develop strong presentation options.

A bachelor’s degree is required. Recent grads with campus newsroom experience supported by strong clips and internships will be considered.

The HTR is committed to providing great local coverage and has been honored for General Excellence two of the past three years by the Wisconsin Newspaper Association. Our affordable community is located between Milwaukee and Green Bay and is home to two colleges.

We offer excellent growth opportunities, competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.

For immediate consideration, send a cover letter, resume, clips and references to Steve Reed, editor, at sreed@htrnews.com, or mail them to 902 Franklin St., Manitowoc WI 54220.

2. Guillermo

Guillermo New Member

In the Gannett Wisconsin chain, there are 10 papers. This one is the worst, by far.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to thaw out from a late October trip I took there in 1986 for a prep football game.

4. dm19

dm19 Member

A former colleague of mine works there. Last I'd heard from him, Gannett was slashing through this place like they were going through the rain forest with a machete. Guess they found some money ... or a clue.

Draft saved Draft deleted