1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporters/Food

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by housejd, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

and absolutely true, whether douchewannabe wants to realize its truth or not

can't wait until cosmo goes on the shoe salesman site and tells douchewannabe why it's not ok to get a hard-on from touching the feet of 11-year old girls

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If you were paying that much attention to the eating habits of those around you, I wonder exactly what you were doing in the press box in the first place.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

More hilarity. Since I'm aware of my surroundings, I'm unable to do anything else.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Probably spending a lot of time cleaning bits of hot dog spittle off his shirt.

5. HoopsMcCann

douchewannabe can be aware of his surroundings, but a sportswriter with a hot dog at his seat isn't doing his job, he's just there for the free food. he can't be covering the game, watching, taking notes and blogging. he can only eat at that point.

6. TheSportsPredictor

So we will put HoopsMcCann, Ace, playthrough, ArmchairQB, Tom Petty, and cosmo down as those who believe they are owed food because they work SUCH LONG HOURS!

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not saying reporters are owed food. Don't think the attitude is deserved, though.

8. HoopsMcCann

not only can douchewannbe not do our job, he can't even comprehend the written word

nobody said deserve. i work long hours and pay for my food at the ballpark and happy to do it. it's nice of them to have it there and i do pay for it. if it's free, and i'm there for hours and hours, sure, i may eat then too. of course, douchewannabefanboy thinks the only reason i'm there is for the food. yeah, that hot dog is so damn good, i want to be there 12 hours for a fuckin' hot dog.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Pot, meet kettle. I'm the one who can't understand the written word? You've used a paragraph to make up things I've supposedly said.

That's good you pay for your food at the ballpark. That's how it should be done. Either pay for it or bring your own.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Now that the Voice of What's Right has made his point clear, I think we've beaten this one long enough and had enough pissing for one thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.