1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporters/Food

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by housejd, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It depends. Were there happy endings?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The tone of my game story directly depends on the quality of the pregame meal.

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

yours too?

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Because if it's a 7 p.m. game and it's providing food for you - thus, likely a college game or above - you should be there by 5 p.m. Add driving time, and you leave, at the latest, at 4:45.

I don't know anyone who eats dinner at that time or before and can make it through to 11 p.m. when all is said and done.

5. Frylock

Frylock Member

What about reporters with special needs, such as a diabetics? When they need to eat, they need to eat.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Reporters should bring their own food, like everyone else with a regular job.

7. lono

lono Active Member

In NASCAR, whole rooms full of corpulent sportswriters routinely whore themselves out like Jenna Jamison on China White just so that five or six times a weekend, they can partake of a nutritious and delicious meal of Americrown lasagna, salad and breadsticks, a/k/a The Three-Course Meal of Fail.

That's why seldom is written a discouraging word about NASCAR.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I eat if I have to. But for some reason, my body has always been a sponge, and I have a drink on hand at all times. I don't feel bad for taking diet cokes or water, because that stuff is so cheap, especially when you buy in bulk.

At the same time, there are few things in this business that absolutely infuriate me more than people complaining about the food at games. I always want to punch those people in the face. I am ashamed when I see sportswriters look like herded cattle at the buffet line, but I get pissed when I hear them discuss and especially complain about the food.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't judges usually adjourn court cases for lunch?

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I never complain about the food they serve the media. If I don't like what's being served, I can either go hungry or go to the concession stand and buy something.

I especially don't complain about the food ever since Big Time University I Cover sent out an e-mail saying they won't provide food for games that start at 9 p.m. on weeknights or at all on weekends. I've gone to weekend games since and have seen that they actually have had food there. So even if it's something I don't like, it's fine.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

You have that a little jumbled. I think you pay for the food on the toilet.

12. No way these two could hack it in the biz...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.