1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporters/Food

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by housejd, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I was expecting a thread about what they feed The Dwarf, Loopy and the rest of the boys on Sunday mornings in Time Square.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No real story other than when the food breaks out at Michigan events, the Michigan Daily staff comes out of the woodwork. I distinctly remember a hockey game at Yost Ice Arena, turning to another reporter and saying "Hey, how many Daily reporters does it take to cover a hockey game?" "Four, one to write the gamer and (turning my head to the last body who rambled up the staircase to the loft -- who happened to be Rich Eisen) three to eat the hot dogs."

3. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

That was funny until I realized that was my college paper on the rare nights the basketball SID sprung for paella.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

That sounds about right. During college it was usually college-aged editors or reporters who never left the newsroom who waxed on about ethical traps like a slice of pizza.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

What about getting free massages courtesy of the NFL during the Super Bowl?

6. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

i never understood how guys can eat this huge pre-game meal and then go right back to the buffet a couple hours later and gorge themselves on a giant halftime spread

dude

you just fucking ate. you can't be hungry again.

but if it's free, scribes will pile it on, hungry or not, edible or not

pretty vile

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

To me, it's a basic need. I eat at a game because I need to eat and because I'm going to be missing dinner by working.

Should we pay for using the toilet?

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This needs to be restated. No matter what side of the ethics/how it looks debate one falls on.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

All this talk about ethics and whatnot could be allayed if employers just paid us all competitive wages.

You don't want us to eat at a pregame spread? Then cough up the coin. Otherwise, STFU while I go fill my plate.

Next thing you know, you're going to want me to sell ads like one of those Berkshire Beacon loosers bootstrappers.

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Which will get you popped for a $201 ticket on Interstate 35 in Itasca, Texas. Go Wampus Cats!

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't put a political sign in your front yard, though!!

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did George send you another e-mail?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.