1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporters, Festivus edition

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TwoGloves, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

All of the good Pats receivers -- and Brady -- contribute to making everyone look good.

It's a team game. And on that team, if I'm going to genuflect towards one guy, it's Brady. And I hope Brady takes very, very, very good care of his offensive line in the gratuity department.

Moss is an important piece -- because the attention he draws makes the other receivers more effective.

But he sure as hell isn't doing it himself. And within the earlier context of this discussion, Federer sure as hell is.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So your athlete of the year would never be from a team sport, then?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Presuming the Pats win the SB, Brady's done it without Moss, Moss didn't couldn't do it without his team being the best in a generation.
    Does Moss contribute? Yes. Is his presence, to the exclusion of any other player, the reason the Pats win? No Fucking Way.

Moss isn't even the MVP of his own team.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Been there. If I'm going to endorse a Patriot, it's Brady.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Brady does just as well with Jabar Gaffney taking Randy Moss' snaps. ::)

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I would agree to that, but when he's motivated as hell, Moss will play his ass off. He had no motivation to do it in a hell hole like Oakland. Who wouldn't? I'm not a fan of Moss, but I respect his game, when he "shows" up. He's a freak and if you triple-team him, Gaffney, Watson, Welker, Vrabel, and Maroney will fucking kill you by catching Brady's passes.

Even if the Hoodie or Brady wasn't there, if you put Randy in a situation that will propel him to play and win, he'll do it. But, it's important that someone keeps his ass motivated every week.

Federer I can go with, Moss I can go with as well. LeBron? Got swept by the Tin Man & Mr. Longoria, but I would like to see more out of him before I call him AOY.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Who?

8. Aussie_Nick

Aussie_Nick Member

Oh, only the best and most dominant sports person on the planet right now.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Nope. I'm still not getting it.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Actually, I'd look at it the other way. Has Brady ever had a season like this before? He's never won the League MVP award, which he is a shoo-in for this season. His previous TD high for a season was 28. He's got 20 more than that right now. His previous high for yards was 4,110 which he has already outstripped by 400 yards. The main reason for that is the addition of Moss to the Patriots offense.

There's absolutely no way Brady is knocking at the door of Manning's record without Moss playing WR for him, as has been proven in previous seasons.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We'll agree to disagree. When most were saying Moss was through during the Oakland period, I thought otherwise, because I "understood" his mindset -- as self-serving as it was, and is. That said, I'm not in any hysterical rush to kiss the guy's ring, now.

12. I suspect the 'wrap and tennis are not speaking.

Draft saved Draft deleted