1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporters, Festivus edition

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TwoGloves, Dec 23, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ah, the old sullen, black athlete stereotype. Plenty of white folk have been dragged down by the morass in Oakland. Not sure if Moss is the best choice, but I can see it not being an absurd choice. And Lupica and Ryan picked white people. Discuss.

Oh. Never mind.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Much like TO, Randy's been a sulky bitch when things haven't gone precisely his precious way, for years. It's hardly color-exclusive, though it took Elway a long time to find himself part of the complete team he needed. Eli?
    Schauenfreude.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lupica and Ryan don't take offense when someone asks if they want cream in their coffee.

Moss is a quiter, and not just last season in Oakland, he often quit in Minnesota, especially in the NFC Championship game.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Agreed, 'Yab....until Moss comes through in the playoffs/Super Bowl, he shouldn't be player of the year over the other choices.

5. When he comes through in the playoffs, what's 'yab's problem going to be?
    Wait, I have a thought...

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Unless some team triple-covers him, would expect Moss to enjoy a prolific postseason, though it wouldn't spoil my January to see them beaten -- and that sentiment has NOTHING to do with Moss.

7. dooley_womack1

Um, it's player of the year for 2007, not 1999-2007.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yessir. But part and parcel of this discussion is players who've picked their spots in relatively-obnoxious fashion, and we were striving for a measure of racial balance.

9. dooley_womack1

Well, Moss has picked all 15 games to be his spot, and the Pats don't go 15-0 without him. I'm liking Rhoden's pick better when taking the counterarguments into consideration.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Well, if Moss has a good playoff season in 2007 you can credit the fact that he had Tom Brady throw it to him and Bill Bellichick coach him, rather than the stiffs, morons and losers he's had in the past. Such as Aaron Brooks, Norv Turner, Mike Tice, Art Shell, Daunte Culpepper and Denny Green.

I guess you could say that without Brady and Coach Hoodie, Moss would be just another whinning bitch.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's made a really, really good team really, really, really good. Essentially, he could call his shot, and did . . . especially since it was clear after his dogging it in Oakland that it was going to take a creme de la creme situation to get him to maintain his focus.

Not quite ready to genuflect at that conduct sequence, thanks.

12. dooley_womack1

It's player of the year, not the Lady Byng.

Draft saved Draft deleted