1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporters 7/9: Feinstein

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-3 Fan, Jul 9, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Is it me or did I just see John Feinstein on S.R. for the first time since the "Season on the Brink" fiasco? I'm inquiring because I was listening to a local sports show Friday afternoon and it was mentioned that with Shapiro moving on after leaving ESPN, the new prez wanted to open the door for Feinstein to return.

Any ideas/answers/conspiracy theories are welcome. Thanks!! :)

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You just saw John Feinstein

On a related note, I was at the gym on the StairMaster watching the Sports Reporters on mute, though the closed captioning was on. Funny moment that killed my momentum: It was the segment about the Cowboys, and Lupica talked about the pieces around Bledsoe to make him succeed this season. Only "succeed" was translated by closed captioning as "suck cease," so Lupica said "has the pieces to make Bledsoe suck cease."

I started laughing so much that I had to get off the StairMaster, which was a bummer because I'd done 22 of the 30 minutes. Once I lost my head of steam I couldn't get back on. But it was nice to have that comic relief.

Instead of starting a new thread, what are some other funny closed captioning mistakes have you seen?

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Maybe Lil Loopy really did say "suck cease."

4. Ah, so John has decided that the Thugs In Bristol are worthy of his company again?
    Check must have cleared.

5. Feinstein returned to the Sports Reporters the Sunday before the Final Four national title game. The show was done live in Indy.

Draft saved Draft deleted