1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Washington, MO

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1572132

Company: Missourian Publishing Co
    Position:
    Seeking Energetic Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires:
    April 22, 2014
    Job ID: 1572132

Description:

Missourian Media Group, an award-winning semiweekly (Tuesday and Friday publication), seeks an energetic writer to fill a full-time job within its sports department. Primary coverage is of area prep sports with some college and professional sports (mainly St. Louis Rams) opportunities as well. Must be able to work nights and weekends. The position includes assisting with the newspaper's website and utilization of all social media. The applicant should have InDesign experience. Past work with photography is preferred, but we can teach an eager candidate how to shoot action photography.
    The position offers benefits and pay commensurate with experience.
    To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to battleb@emissourian.com or mail to Missourian Sports Writer, 14 West Main St., Washington MO 63090.

2. JohnScratch

JohnScratch New Member

This seems like a great job for someone fresh out of college. I am assuming the group is hiring for immediate work?

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

This is a really good paper from when I lived in Missouri. They always did a great job covering their teams and they always cleaned up at state awards.

4. MRoy13

MRoy13 New Member

I applied but haven't heard anything

5. bmereness

bmereness Member

same here

6. irnsdn

irnsdn New Member

The day after I applied I received an e-mail from the sports editor. Just said that they are in the process of starting to evaluate candidates, and confirming he received my application. This was the beginning of last week.

7. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Same here. I honestly would expect an update coming soon though.

8. kv18schn

kv18schn New Member

Same as everyone else. Only heard back after sending in the application.

9. Zachary_Holden

Zachary_Holden New Member

I sent a follow-up email, he said they're in the process of still reviewing candidates and interviewing.

10. BrianM

BrianM Member

I've heard through the grapevine that this job has been filled.

11. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I was told three days ago that they received 146 applicants and were still sifting through them.

12. Zads07

Zads07 Member

I was told three days ago that they received 146 applicants and were still sifting through them.
    [/quote]

This is exactly what I've heard.

Draft saved Draft deleted