1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter to focus on the Redskins - Fredericksburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Justin_Rice, May 19, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's great to discuss these jobs when you can't live afford to live in the city you work in.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

No Stitch, that's pretty f**ked up.

3. Yeah, it's ridiculous. Ashburn used to be rural and now demand there has skyrocketed.

4. Ever spend a day at an NFL facility? Plenty of time for lunch between their pre-planned controlled access times.

5. Keystone

Keystone Member

Back in the day, during the JKC era, the Redskins would feed the press on Wednesdays between the opponents teleconference and player access. It was whatever was left over from the players' lunch and it was usually pretty good.

6. c_pianetta

c_pianetta New Member

Longtime reader and I hate to do this but I sent stuff in for this one and didn't hear anything and don't see any new coverage on the website and wanted to know was this job ever filled?? Thanx.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't know - haven't talked to the good folks in F-burg in a while. I will say this - and not to be an ass as they know - I'm very glad I helped create this opening. Rich Campbell is doing outstanding work for us. His feature on O.J. Atogwe is just one example. My overall point, I guess, is this is a great place to go and get some quality opportunities working with terrific people. You will get noticed.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/26/you-will-be-a-blessing/

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Definitely the good ol' days keystone.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Filled.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

By....?

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll let Justin say it if he wants. It's not me. Ha.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Rich Campbell is the worst Redskins reporter in the history of the world and a terrible person. He hates dogs. And old people. And children.

:)

Zac Boyer from the Hartford Courant starts Monday covering the Redskins for us.

Draft saved Draft deleted