1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter -- The (Vallejo, Calif.) Times Herald,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Dec 24, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

The Times-Herald, a daily newspaper in the San Francisco Bay Area, has an immediate opening for a sports writer. The hometown of CC Sabathia, Olympian Natalie Coughlin and NASCAR star Jeff Gordon, our area has a lot of sports to cover. At the Times-Herald, versatility is a watchword and those on our sports team not only cover games, but also are involved in both the sports and news production teams. Please send a cover note, resume and copies of your best work to managing editor Jack Bungart at jbungart@timesheraldonline.com and editor Ted Vollmer at tvollmer@timesheraldonline.com Or send to Jack Bungart at 440 Curtola Parkway, Vallejo, CA, 94590. Indicate any salary requirements.

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1221450

2. Ben.Breiner

Ben.Breiner Member

Anyone know how big the sports staff is?

3. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

I'm guessing a 2- or 3-person staff.

4. thebigd

thebigd Member

The only thing to watch out for is staff cutbacks. I believe this is now a singleton paper, and I've heard soem horror stories. Jack Bungart is a good manager, though.

5. BigEast24

BigEast24 New Member

If anyone has insight... any reason to apply if one is not in the immediate area of the paper? like say living in Calif., but not in the Bay area at this time?

6. thebigd

thebigd Member

Go for it

7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone had been holding their breath, but this one looks filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted