1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter -- The (Troy, Alabama) Messenger

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jul 25, 2013.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

If you're crazy about sports -- from rec league to prep to Division I college athletics -- then we have an opening for you. Troy Publications Inc. is seeking an energetic, talented sports writer to join our award-winning staff. Our coverage area includes Troy University, five high schools (with state titles in football, baseball and basketball) and youth sports that regularly produce state champions in baseball, softball and soccer. The ideal candidate will be able to develop relationships with coaches and understand how important sports coverage is at every level of the game. Excellent writing skills (and the ability to write game stories, features and columnes), photography skills and knowledge of InDesign are required. Ideal candidates also will have experience in social media and networking, including Twitter; Facebook; and live-blogging. If you're interested, send a cover letter, resume and work samples to Stacy Graning, publisher, at stacy.graning@troymessenger.com.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1259790

2. slc10

slc10 Member

The job doesn't pay great but in this day and age, it can't hurt. Also, I went to the jj link and found one of the online applications.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Stacy Graning is, by far, the worst human I've ever worked for. You've been warned.

4. Nathan_C_Deen

Nathan_C_Deen New Member

Former colleague of mine used to work for this paper — didn't have many nice things to say about it.

5. slc10

slc10 Member

There is a publisher who is nice? Too bad there really isn't one. GUess one must ponder whether to make the effort to apply.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My publisher is a nice guy. Cheap as fuck, but nice.

7. slc10

slc10 Member

Wonder if this job has been filled. Anybody got any idea?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not if they're smart.

Draft saved Draft deleted