1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, The Punxsutawney Spirit

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jbrown1450, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

You don't think $20,000 is enough to support a family?

Who are you, Latrell Sprewell?

What a moran!

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That job used to pay in the $15-20,000 range. They're moving up!

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

That's the Spirit!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You can survive on $20,000-$25,000 there, though you certainly won't be living comfortably.

And a paper around that area suspended reporters' use of player quotes in stories because they "didn't want to make the players and/or schools look poorly."

I'd have walked away right then. So much of the color in a gamer -- no matter the level -- is held in the minds of those playing it. The emotion, the actions, the success, the failures, etc. The coach can't possibly tell you everything you need to know.

5. IanA1985

IanA1985 Member

Um...the blue font wasn't on your text yesterday tough guy, so it looked like you were serious. I love it when people have to call others names online, it helps reassert what tough guy's they really are.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

7. Scouter

Scouter Member

It shouldn't have to take blue font to know when someone is joking on a post like that. Tough guy.

8. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Fixed.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That was me, Hank.

I'm not sure if the paper's stance has changed. Anyway, if folks would like to know more, drop a PM.

(And, oh, Groundhog Day is overrated as hell. You can't even drink up on the Knob. ::))

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Awesome.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Again, you show you're wrong.

You can tell if he had modified his post. There would be a line at the bottom that says modified by xxxxx with the time and date.

He didn't.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If the publisher sees the financials its six more weeks till the next paycheck.

Draft saved Draft deleted