1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter: The Lewiston (Idaho) Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BYUSportsGuy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

Company: Lewiston Tribune
    Position:
    Seeking sports reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Ad Expires:
    July 23, 2009
    Job ID: 960174

Description:
    The Lewiston Tribune, a family-owned, 24,000-circulation newspaper, offers an unusual opportunity for a reporter who wants to cover big-time sports while living in a rural area. Our sports writers cover Pac-10, WAC and NAIA teams, plus high schools in two states. Our community annually plays host to the NAIA baseball World Series. We need a talented writer who can turn game stories, features,blogs, columns and handle a desk shift, paginating with InDesign. We are located on the Washington/Idaho border, about two hours south of Spokane. Our region offers immediate access to a multitude of outdoor experiences including hiking, camping, white water sports, fishing and hunting. Housing prices are reasonable, the weather is mild and the crime rate low. We offer an employee stock ownership program and a solid benefits package. If you are interested in joining an experienced and dedicated newsroom staff, send resume, clips and references to: Paul Emerson, Managing Editor, Lewiston Tribune, P.O. Box 957, Lewiston, ID, 83501. E-mail to pemerson@lmtribune.com

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Emerson, the ME, was the paper's SE a long time ago. I've had two dealings with him, as a candidate for the city editor job in the early 1990s and again about 10 years later when I sought his insights regarding a job I was interviewing for elsewhere. I found him to be unusually and refreshingly candid both times. One of the straightest shooters I've encountered in the business. The paper was exceptionally good for its size in the 1990s, but I haven't seen it since.

3. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

Covering Wazzu and Idaho can't be that bad. I'm sure since it is in Lewiston it's probably just covering home games. I lived just north in Moscow when I was younger. I remember Lewiston being by the river, and it smelled like crap from the paper factory or whatever was there.

4. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

Any word on this gig? Last I heard it was down to finalists.

5. ARose17

ARose17 Member

I applied and have heard nothing. Guess that means I wasn't a finalist.

6. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

That's alright kid. Me neither.

7. spud

spud Member

Heard good things about Lewiston. All I got.

8. thebigd

thebigd Member

maybe they will send out rejection e-mails after the final hire is made. Who knows.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Been through there a couple of times. Decent place, if you're not a big city person.

10. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

A hire has been made, I was told.

11. mose

mose Member

Two, actually

12. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

One covering Wazzu and one covering Idaho, maybe?

Draft saved Draft deleted