1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, The Express-Times, Easton, Pa.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Sep 4, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The E-T covers Wilson? Wilson's practically in Reading.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Told you I wasn't positive.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

wicked: Different Wilson. You're thinking of Wilson-West Lawn.

http://www.wilsonareasd.org/Wahs/

This Wilson is a tiny section of Easton that somehow has its own school district; the high school is right next to the old Dixie cup factory.

We used to play JV football games there, and you can literally look out from the football field and see Easton HS. They're practically across the street from each other.

And the last I knew, they were AA (which is why I mentioned their level). Given that their district is surrounded by another district, however, I can't really see them growing into a AAA school.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You're right, Hus, thanks for filling me in. Made a trip or two to West Lawn in my day. (Nice to know that 222 in Berks County FINALLY is complete. Would've been nice to avoid that mess in Shillington when I actually had to drive through there on a semi-regular basis.)

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

The Road To Nowhere...

Been a while since I had the displeasure of driving there.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Wilson's football team won the AA state title last year. The wrestling in the Easton area is fantastic and the Express does cover P-burg regularly since it's right across the Delaware River from Easton. Good football and wrestling at P-burg. Not sure about the other sports.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Had the pleasure of driving down the new highway when I was in the area in August. It turned what used to be at least a 25-minute drive from the Turnpike to the bypass thanks to grandma into a 6- or 7-minute one.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Since they're a Newhouse paper and cover northwest Jersey they are also part of the nj.com family:
    http://www.nj.com/expresstimes/

Draft saved Draft deleted