1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Sun-Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tim Stephens, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That made me laugh.

2. Mizzougrad96

My Florida sources said he didn't know how young Tyler delivered the news to Timmy, but said Stephens flipped out when he got the news, which surprised everybody.

To be fair, I don't think there is a single SE who has a more stressful job than Stephens these days. Maybe this just set him off because he has to bring in a few others to interview.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Florida is the best newspaper state not because it has a bunch of good/great, coompetitive papers (which is not unique), but because of demographics. It's literally filled with "traditional newspaper readers," and it's a perpetuallly replenishing stock.

4. Mizzougrad96

Very, very true...

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

By that I am assuming you mean retirees.

6. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

I think we should let Stephens speak for himself on this thread, since he, you know, came on this thread to speak for himself. I'll take him at his word.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's also a great news state, thanks to geography/population size/diversity/politics/weather. From a sports standpoint, the roster of teams has ballooned in the last 20 years thanks to pro sports expansion and Florida is arguably the country's most fertile recruiting ground.

And best of all, reporters can do their jobs thanks to outstanding sunshine laws.

(you probably can't tell that I live in Florida)

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Douchiest is a great word, and used perfectly here.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The douchiest reporter I know is from Florida... and fits the example perfectly.

10. johann

johann Guest

... except that "perpetuallly" is too long a time span.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not having seen every square mile of Florida, I'm going to have to ask for a ruling on the use of "literally."

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

If you're talking old people, it's pretty close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.