1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Shelby Star and Gaston Gazette

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tarheel316, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

PNC Newspapers (The Shelby Star and Gaston Gazette) is seeking an energetic community minded sports reporter to join our award-winning team. This reporter will primarily cover Cleveland County high school, local sports in an active community and events at Division I Gardner-Webb University. The reporter will have pagination duties that require working at the Gazette office at least 2 days each week. Qualified candidates will possess good reporting and writing skills and be able to generate story ideas while covering normal assignments. This reporter will be expected to work in multiple media platforms, including video, blogging and live event coverage. Training and/or experience paginating using InDesign is highly desired. Interested and qualified? E-mail your resume to msmith@gastongazette.com. Include salary requirements and 5 clips of your work or links to sites where your work can be viewed.

Good people at both papers. Nice location near Charlotte, too. Don't know what they pay but there are worse gigs than this.

2. benachtab

benachtab New Member

Any more thoughts or information on this one?

3. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

weird, I didn't see this on the NCPA website. Isn't Gabe Whinsant the SE there?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Their Gardner-Webb coverage could use a lot of help. Wouldn't be a bad spot for a young buck to come in and really try to revamp a sagging beat.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It was on there. That's where I cut and pasted the info from. But now it's gone like you said. Perhaps they've made a hire already.

6. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

it's been available for awhile...so wouldn't be surprised if it's filled already. and yes, gabe is the SE there.

7. Ben.Breiner

Ben.Breiner Member

Anyone know how big their sports staff is?

8. bl67550

bl67550 Member

Any word on whether or not this one was filled? I don't know how I missed it when it was first put up. This one interests me immensely.

9. bl67550

bl67550 Member

Bumping for an update on this one? Anyone know whether it was filled or not?

10. bl67550

bl67550 Member

Just learned that this job was filled before it was even listed on here. Shut'er down.

Draft saved Draft deleted