1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Shawano, Wis.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mdpoppy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

I know the area, as well as the person who previously held this position. I won't say much more than that on the board, but feel free to PM me for more details.

From JournalismJobs.com -- http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1035766

The Shawano Leader, a 6,500 circulation daily newspaper just 30 minutes west of Green Bay, is seeking a full time sports reporter. The reporter will cover community and high school sports, and also Green Bay Packers games and off-season camps, along with occasional general news reporting.

The ideal candidate will have page design experience using QuarkXpress and photographic skills, with NewsEdit and Photoshop skills a plus.

We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and interviews will begin immediately.

To be considered, please send a resume and several work samples to:

Cory Dellenbach; Sports editor; Shawano Leader; 1464 E. Green Bay Street; Shawano, WI 54166

or e-mail them to sports@shawanoleader.com

No phone calls please

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Anyone know anything, beyond that they are sandwiched between Wausau and Green Bay?

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Home to a cult: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/64945/

4. spartan47

spartan47 New Member

What is the status on this job?

5. spud

spud Member

You're hired only to be marginalized, slashed in salary and then fired six months later!

6. spartan47

spartan47 New Member

I take it that you were on staff here for awhile...give me some more info.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That cult is crazee.

Draft saved Draft deleted