1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Roseburg, Ore.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 17, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I think it was the grilled chicken salad slam.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

only you can dress up denny's.

3. turnovers

turnovers Member

Sometimes I come to SJ for entertainment. Sometimes I come to keep up on the latest job postings. And sometimes I come for threads like this. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad making nearly 35K at a major daily -- in spite of the fact that I'm covering bullshit sports for the paper's suburbs desk. I love all of you.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Posts like this are why I come here.
    You work for a major daily and only make a couple thousand more than me and have to cover bullshit sports? Shit. I will keep working at the small papers if that is the case.

5. turnovers

turnovers Member

Trust me, I think about that about once a week. Put me in a small shop surrounded by some passionate people and I would probably be happier. But then again, since I've been at my current paper -- about two years -- I haven't had to do one inch of agate or design one broadsheet. Write, write, write. I guess that's all I can ask for, two years out of college.

Draft saved Draft deleted