1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter -- Poplar Bluff, Mo.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Scouter, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Scouter

Scouter Member

Company: Daily American Republic
    Position:
    Sports reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    August 1, 2008
    Job ID: 943937

Description:
    The Daily American Republic (a 13,000 circulation, 5-day p.m. with a Sunday a.m.) in Poplar Bluff, Mo., is seeking a sports reporter to fill out our 3-man sports staff. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k, disability insurance, paid life insurance, etc. We cover a junior college which has won two national basketball championships, 15 high schools and annual events such as a drag boat race. Photography skills are important while knowledge of building pages with InDesign is a plus. Send resume and samples to Brian Rosener, Daily American Republic, P.O. 7, Poplar Bluff, Mo. 63901. Or for more information, email sports@darnews.com.

----------

Tyler Hansbrough's hometown. That's all I know about this place.

2. Once spent the night there on a cross-country move a few years back. It was at night during a huge storm with a series of tornadoes hitting all around. When I got to the hotel (either a Super 8 or Motel 6 -- trying to keep expenses down), the woman at the desk said a tornado had touched down not too far from the highway I had been on.
    When I was first driving into the area and heard about the storm I started looking for a place to take cover. I saw a concrete bunker of a bar off to the side of the highway and pulled into the lot, which was filled with pickup trucks, many with gun racks. A huge Confederate flag hung above the door to the windowless bar. Despite the weather, I pulled back onto the road and took my chances elsewhere.
    That's all I got.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

That's interesting, considering everyone I grew up with considered Missouri to be "up north."

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

KC and StL are part of Missouri. The rest, for the most part, is in Missourah.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Due South of St. Louis, near that little appendage that hangs down into Arkansas.

West-northwest of New Madrid, so if that fault zone finally lets go you'll be among the first to know about it.

6. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Are there any more Hansbrough brothers/sisters?

The best part of living in Poplar Bluff: You're not too far from Lambert's Cafe, home of throwed rolls.
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted