1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Pendleton, OR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking Sports Reporter

Date Posted June 08, 2015
    Location Pendleton, Oregon
    Job Status Full-time
    Salary $25,000 to $30,000

Description:
    The East Oregonian, a five-day daily newspaper in Pendleton, Ore., is looking for a full-time sports writer. Job duties will include print and online coverage of high school, college and community sports and outdoor activities, as well as designing pages for print. We’re looking for a creative, energetic writer to produce compelling sports and outdoor features and to write game stories quickly on deadline. We want someone with strong writing skills who avoids sports cliches. The person hired will also edit on a limited basis and work with the Web. The position offers a competitive salary, a solid benefits package and the opportunity to live in Eastern Oregon near the Blue Mountains and abundant outdoor recreation. It is also a farming and ranching center and home to the famous Pendleton Round-Up rodeo. Good driving record and reliable transportation required. Benefits include Paid Time Off (PTO), 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan and insurances. Send resume, clips and letter of interest to EO Media Group., PO Box 2048, Salem, OR 97308-2048, by fax to 503-371-2935 or e-mailhr@eomediagroup.com

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Did "Mr. Amphibious" lose his/her job?

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That was my first thought, too.

Oh, and by "outdoor recreation," they mean doing any outdoor activity before 8 a.m. because it's an oven the rest of the day. This is in the northern end of the Great Basin Desert, folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted