1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter/Paginator - Meriden [Conn.]

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KevinmH9, Jun 19, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Company: Meriden Record-Journal
    Position:
    Seeking paginator/reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires:
    July 24, 2008
    Job ID: 940045

Description:
    The Meriden Record-Journal, an award-winning, 24,000-circulation daily in central Connecticut, is seeking a creative paginator and energetic reporter to join its sports staff. Night and weekend work are required. The R-J is looking for a self starter with desk experience and a positive attitude. Send resume and work samples to Sports Editor Bryant Carpenter, 11 Crown St., Meriden, Conn. 06451, or by email at bcarpenter@record-journal.com

2. BigBlue

BigBlue New Member

Anyone know anything here? Seems like a decent small paper?

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

YOU'RE HIRED!

Sorry, had to do it. ;D

I believe they are still looking over resumes right now and looking to make their final decision on applicants. If you want to send in your resume, I'd get it immediately as they'll likely be making their decisions pretty soon as to who to bring in for interviews.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

That I'm hired made no sense

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Nice of you to point out, five days after the fact.

6. hearing they've already settled on a handful of finalists for this ... and that they got a very, very deep candidate pool. if i were on the hartford courant train, i'd be tempted to leap off at this point.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, at least you don't have to worry about the JRC sinking its rotten teeth into the joint.

Draft saved Draft deleted