1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter/paginator ... Burlington (NC) Times-News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by lesboulez, Nov 10, 2011.

1. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

The Burlington Times-News, a daily newspaper located in a hotbed of high school and college athletics, is looking for an experienced and talented writer and page designer to join its award-winning sports staff. The ideal candidate is a strong and inventive writer with a thorough knowledge of all sports, and a knack for eye-catching page design and deftly crafted headlines. Experience in online reporting, videography and blogging a plus. Interested applicants may send a resume and work samples to HR Director, Joyce Thompson at jthompson@thetimesnews.com or to the Times-News, c/o Joyce Thompson, PO Box 481, Burlington, NC 27216.

2. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

They're a smaller paper (20k-ish circulation) but do a good amount with the ACC. Elon is the hometown D1 school. Bob Sutton has a good reputation from what I gather.

Raleigh is about 45 min away and Greensboro is pretty close by.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Greensboro is 20 minutes down I-40/85. They have a Best Buy now, so they've grown a good bit in the last few years. You'll know you missed your turn if you stop seeing signs for JR's.

4. writingump

writingump Member

They play higher than the circulation shows. Bob Sutton's a good guy. I've corresponded for them before and they are nice, straight-forward people down there.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Bob is a good guy. Had to LOL at the JR's reference. There's a Red Robin at Alamance Crossing and that has to be a plus.

6. Journalist6891

Journalist6891 New Member

Was this job filled?

Draft saved Draft deleted