1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Oshkosh, WI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From Gannett
    https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=Gannett&career_job_req_id=20741&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&jobPipeline=Indeed

Oshkosh Northwestern Media is seeking an experienced full-time Sports Reporter to join our sports staff. This position will be responsible for producing sports coverage across multiple digital platforms including social media, mobile, tablet and web. Also, this position will contribute accurate and skillful journalism in coverage of sports of all types including local and prep sports.

Duties will also include further integrating sports content with social media (Blogging, Twitter, Facebook), producing instant sports news content and updates using various multimedia platforms, and working with other writers in beat coverage, which includes generating story ideas, covering events, and writing enterprise features. The candidate will use multimedia to enhance and extend coverage, including in-studio video and iPhone video. Duties also include working with fellow staff members to keep online coverage on the cutting edge in all facets of our sports operation.

Successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to develop sources and break news through a variety of sources, including digital audio and video devices, database searches and iPhones. Must be comfortable with appearing on video and must be comfortable with all aspects of social media. In addition, candidates must have the ability to connect with readers through distinct story-telling skills, think visually and work with photo staff to develop strong presentation options for assignments. Must have effective time-management skills and be comfortable and able to meet all deadlines.

Oshkosh Northwestern Media is committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.

2. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

I'm very interested in this position and the area. Anyone have any insight here? It would be much appreciated...

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't have any inside info, but I'm sure it will be heavy on preps and University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, which has a pretty good D3 program. Great town. In the summer you'll be near a lot of great vacation places, including a couple hours north being the best place in the 'World to be in July and August. I don't believe anyone from the Northwestern does anything on the Packers anymore as Gannett generally covers that with GB Press Gazette and maybe an Appleton Post-Crescent person.

Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted