1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter opening - Watseka, IL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Watseka Editor, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Watseka Editor

Watseka Editor New Member

Experienced sports reporter needed to fill immediate full-time opening at the Times-Republic, an award winning five-day daily newspaper. Coverage area includes nine high schools and a variety of sports. Opportunities to cover Bears Camp and Illini teams also possible. Photography, video and InDesign skills important. The job requires weekend and evening hours.

Watseka is located in central Illinois two hours from both Chicago and Indianapolis, offering the best of a rural lifestyle and nearby big city attractions.

Send resume and clips to:
    Carla Waters, Managing Editor
    cwaters@intranix.com

2. rbuchan

rbuchan New Member

This was my position and I very much enjoyed working at this newspaper. I am leaving for a bigger paper in the Chicago suburbs but I am very appreciative of the experience and things I learned while I was in Watseka. It has a supportive and knowledgeable staff who strives to put out the best possible paper. The town is small and rural, but it grows on you and has a very friendly and appreciative community. There are some quality schools in the coverage area and it seams like in every sport somebody is making a deep postseason run. Along with being close to Chicago and Indy, the University of Illinois and Purdue University are less than hour away. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

3. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

Is there really much college/pro coverage, or is it pretty much all preps?

4. alexjmoretto

alexjmoretto New Member

check your messages, if you would... thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted