1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, News-Register, McMinnville, Ore.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Numbers I saw in September were around 8,400.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If Dangerously ever gives you a day off... Pacific Dunes, maybe the most beautiful golf course in the world (I've seen both Pebble and Augusta National), is a mere 4.5 hour drive away. And it's public.

Crater Lake in central Oregon is also on my bucket list. It's supposedly the cleanest, clearest lake in America, possibly the world.

3. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

It should also be noted that you're only 40 miles to downtown Portland (and much less to Portland proper), so it's not like you're in the middle of nowhere if you want to fly somewhere or take in some big-city amenities on your day off.

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

The chance to work in the Portland area is an obvious selling point.

The chance to work with JD completes the deal.

The guy's good people, good journalist, good friend.

Look him up.

(Just no phone calls, please.)

Jesus

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell if you were swearing just now, or signing off on your post. ::)

6. Johnny Dangerously

Trust me: When Jesus is swearing, there will be no doubt. Anyone who knows him will vouch.

7. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

He only swears when he's trying to make his computer work in a press box.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....

9. Johnny Dangerously

One night at Swayze Field was a thing of beauty. Except, of course, for his agony.

Even that, come to think of it, was a rich mosaic of colors and textures.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

People.

You know, it's almost inevitable that, anywhere you go, there will be at least one person who rubs you the wrong way, for whatever reason. I made many a stop in McMinnville and there wasn't a bad apple in the bunch, at least not back around the turn of the century (never thought I'd use that terminology on myself).

And from what I hear, many of them are still there. That alone tells you of the quality of life at the N-R.

11. thebigd

thebigd Member

they really like Pacific Northwest guys. Is this open again? I thought it was filled a couple of months ago

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Patrick or John Cameron?

Draft saved Draft deleted