1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter needed in Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by laredotimes, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It is a potential connection to the SA paper. I almost took a job there once, but the damn housing was at a premium and the only place I could find was a shithole I couldn't see myself living six months in waiting to find something else. Otherwise, not a bad town. Is Salo Ortero (sp) still there? Good guy, but yeah, too many drawbacks.

BTW, as far as pay, it was going to be a step down at the time from a semiweekly to go there. So, yes, it sucks.

2. zman82

zman82 Member

was there for a wedding a year ago and wanted to go to mexico since i'd never been. was told by some locals to go in a big group and come back before it got too late. i didn't go and got shitfaced at the country club (pretty swanky) in town instead. must say i wasn't impressed with the city, but did get to practice my spanish since everyone there speaks it.

3. fatking

fatking New Member

bump. nothing to report on this one?

Draft saved Draft deleted