1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Minot (N.D.) Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by DAllar, Oct 3, 2012.

1. DAllar

DAllar New Member

***I understand there has been a lot of turnover here lately, but want to mention that the last two people that left are still in the industry. One switched locations for a family reason and the other landed an intriguing opportunity in the Virgin Islands. Here's the ad:

The Minot Daily News, a 19,000-circulation, seven-day newspaper in northwest North Dakota, immediately seeks a full-time sportswriter to complete our four-person staff.

The region features competitive prep athletics along with two junior colleges and Minot State University, an NCAA Division II school in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. We also cover the Minot Minotauros, a junior hockey team in the North American Hockey League.

We focus on writing clean, concise copy and also take our own photos. Photography experience is preferred, but we would train the right applicant to use a camera. Layout duties for our sports department are simply formatting scores on our scoreboard page once or twice a week.

To apply, send your resume and five clips to dallar@minotdailynews.com, and please put "sports reporter" in the subject line.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

And remember, there is virtually no housing available.

However, having said that, it seems that every KMOT staffer I've met is new to the area and has managed to find a place to live.

Gas is $4 a gallon, movies are over $10 and Little Texas is playing at the Y's Men Rodeo later this month.

But I hear we're getting a another Walmart and have recently discovered that Bismarck has a Five Guys. The second McDonald's should also re-open in a month or so.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It snows up there once in a while too ....

4. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

This position has been filled, I hear. Could be oil-field gossip, but I'm pretttty sure.

5. DAllar

DAllar New Member

Yes, the position has been filled. Thanks to all who applied.

6. peacer84

peacer84 Member

Congratulations to Ryan Collingwood on getting the open position.

A very good fit for both parties.

Draft saved Draft deleted