1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter: Medford, OR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Harry Doyle, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The job has only been posted for less than a week.

When I came in 2007, they really did drag their heels and didn't make an offer until late August. I got there just as football season was starting. And, at that time, they had one more body on the staff.

2. That means that he probably hasn't had a chance to see your application yet. He did say he had 120 e-mailed applications.

3. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

I had the same knee-jerk "uh-oh" reaction. Glad to hear that there are so many interested people - even though it lessens my chances of being seen - for a job like this. If nothing else, this economy has allowed small towns to get big city writers.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

120 applications, huh?.. Ugh.

Bloomington all over again.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That seems to be the case for ANY job --- journalism or otherwise ---- these days.

6. ARose17

ARose17 Member

I may take up bartending.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

More money to be made in bartending. There will always be depressed people who need a drink.

8. They hired Dave Sager (Sagar?). I was under the impression as a sports copy editor, but perhaps as a news desk guy.

9. Better you than me. You have to drink to be a bartender, so I'm out.

10. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

Any word of contacts trickling out on this one? I'm sure they were flooded with resumes, just wondered if anyone has been called or heard anything. I know it was stated that only those selected as finalists would be contacted.

11. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

My guess is sometime next week the finalists will be contacted

12. So, how is Southern Oregon?

Pretty bullshit post for those of us that applied.

Cough up some information if you are going to act like you know something or shut the heck up.

Draft saved Draft deleted