1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Maryville, Tenn.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Quagmire, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Quagmire

Quagmire New Member

The Daily Times, a seven-day-a-week newspaper in Blount County, Tennessee, has an entry level position covering high school sports and working on the sports desk. We are a three-person department responsible for covering five high schools and Maryville College.

Experience working on deadline, solid writing and copy editing skills, a knowledge of AP Style and a general knowledge of newspaper layout and design are essential for success in the position. The applicant must have sports writing experience and provide clips of game coverage, advances and features. Send cover letter, resume and writing samples to Leonard Butts, Sports Editor, at leonard.butts@thedailytimes.com or to P.O. Box 9740, Maryville, TN 37802.

http://www.tnpress.com/employment/index.php?opt=jobdetails&p=390

2. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

I like your style.

Giggitty.

3. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Haven't found out yet who left, but I've got a decent bit of familiarity with this paper and job. Anybody interested, feel free to PM me if you've got questions. I can answer a lot of them.

4. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

I would apply, but I would only write bad things about the Scots. :) (Huntingdon man here)

Draft saved Draft deleted