1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Lumberton, NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1584301

Company: Civitas Media
    Position:
    Sports reporter wanted
    Job Status: Not Specified
    Salary: Not Specified
    Job ID: 1584301

Description:

Civitas Media is looking for a sports reporter at a daily newspaper in North Carolina. Experience and journalism degree or related field is preferred. The applicant should be self-motivated, have strong grammar and writing skills, and have a news for nose. There is an opportunity to cover mostly high school athletes, with a limited opportunity to cover ACC sports and perhaps the Carolina Panthers on occasion. An applicant should be competent with a camera and a video camera. We offer competitive pay and benefits. Interested parties should send a resume and other pertinent information to Donnie Douglas at ddouglas@civitasmedia.com. No phone calls please.

Centrally located in Davidson, N.C. on the shores of Lake Norman, Civitas Media encompasses more than 100 publications, many of which have served their communities for over a century. Civitas, which employs more than 1,400 associates across 11 states including North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee, publishes 35 daily, 28 weekend editions and 63 weekly publications for a combined circulation of over 1.6 million.
    We are an equal opportunity employer. We recognize and appreciate the benefits of diversity in the workplace. Those who share this belief or reflect a diverse background are encouraged to apply. Our concern is for the health and safety of our employees; therefore we offer a smoke-free work environment and conduct pre-employment drug testing, if applicable.??

2. StatmanZ

StatmanZ New Member

Whoever gets this job will have some huge shoes to fill.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Oh come on now, I've been gone for nearly a decade, but thanks. ;)

Lumberton is a unique town and Donnie is a character. Some people have hated working for him, but I never had any issue with him.

4. doctorx

doctorx Member

A "news for nose," eh?

5. StatmanZ

StatmanZ New Member

I worked for The Rob for a couple of months after I was transferred from a sister paper and I had heard the stories about Donnie but I never had any issue with him (the sports editor at the other time and I on the other hand didn't get along at times). He'll push you to be a better writer.

Never lived in the area when I was working there (was commuting from Laurinburg) but the community is passionate about their high school teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted