1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Littleton NH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KevinmH9, Jun 16, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Company: Salmon Press
    Position:
    Sports/General Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    July 21, 2008
    Job ID: 938091

Description:
    The Courier, the Littleton area’s weekly source for community news, seeks an eager self-starter to cover sports and news in the North Country. Candidates should be self- motivated, able to work individually and as part of a team, have keen attention to detail, exhibit good communication skills in person and on the telephone and have strong writing ability. The ideal candidate will also have a flexible schedule for covering events and be able to set and achieve goals for short-term and long-term stories. Computer and typing skills are also necessary and photography experience is a plus.

Benefits include medical and dental coverage, 401 K plan, mileage reimbursement and paid personal time.

Interested candidates should send resume and references to:

Krystin St. George, Editor The Courier PO Box 230, Littleton, NH 03561 E-mail: kstgeorge@salmonpress.com

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I've been up around this area my entire life so if anyone wants any details about the area, I can fill you in. I had a friend who used to be the SE at this paper, but ended up leaving to go back to his old gig.

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Combined circulation (in their 11 papers) of 74,000. Kevin, this sounds right up your alley.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Definitely. I applied earlier this afternoon. Great chain of papers.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It's a great gig for someone right out of college as most of their content is high school gamers and features. The area is pretty dense mountain/forest region, but a lot stuff you can do around there. Littleton is a bit up there in NH, but if you want to take the drive you can reach Conway and Meredith to hit up the beach.

Draft saved Draft deleted