1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports reporter-Littleton, New Hampshire (weekly)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by srnitz86, Jul 9, 2009.

1. srnitz86

srnitz86 Guest

Company: Salmon Press
    Position: Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: August 12, 2009
    Job ID: 1070613

Description:
    The Courier, the Littleton area’s weekly source for community news, seeks an eager self-starter to cover sports in the North Country. Candidates should be self-motivated, able to work individually and as part of a team, have keen attention to detail, exhibit good communication skills in person and on the telephone and have strong writing ability. The ideal candidate will also have a flexible schedule for covering events and be able to set and achieve goals for short-term and long-term stories. The candidate should also be ready to help out with some general news writing assignments on an as-needed basis. Computer and typing skills are also necessary and photography experience is a plus.

Benefits include medical and dental coverage, 401 K plan, mileage reimbursement and paid personal time.

Interested candidates should send resume and references to:

Krystin St. George, Editor The Courier PO Box 230, Littleton, NH 03561 E-mail: kstgeorge@salmonpress.com

Anyone have any info about this place?

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I interviewed here about a year ago. I don't know what the pay will be now, but when I applied it was somewhere between $10-$12/hr.

Krystin St. George is good people, too. If I remember correctly, she is the former sports editor there. It is a very nice office and a very nice town.

You're a bit far up in New Hampshire, but if you don't mind the mountains, lakes and the hiking-type of atmosphere, it's the perfect spot for you.

It's about 2 1/2 hours from Concord, so take that into consideration.

You won't need to worry about doing your own pages because again, if I remember correctly, The Courier and some of the other papers under the Salmon Press send out their stuff and they lay everything out.

The COL isn't too bad, you could find a cheap apartment up there.

Expect most of your stories to be prep work with a considerable amount to be public interest stories considering you're in the lakes and mountains.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

such a deal-breaker. damn nature. ;D

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Plus there are some pretty good little sports schools to cover.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You'd think people at the Claremont paper might take a hard look at this in light of today's announcement about shutting down.

Draft saved Draft deleted