1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Lake of the Ozarks, MO

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jul 23, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Company: Central Missouri Newspapers

Salary: $20,000 to $25,000

Link to the newspaper: http://www.newstribune.com/
    In almost any sport, speed can make the difference between winning and losing. It’s no different in this job search for a sports reporter for Central Missouri Newspapers. We have an immediate opening for a reporter to cover high school sports in the Lake of the Ozarks region, and we want to fill the position quickly. The job's primary responsibilities are covering high school sports, but will also include some general news reporting. The job search ends Aug. 7. Send a cover letter, resume, work samples and references to Managing Editor Gary Castor at gary@newstribune.com

All I can offer is that I went camping in this area several years ago. Seemed like a pretty nice area.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

That's poverty-level pay just about anywhere, but especially true at a resort area now catering to the wealthy.

The Lake of the Ozarks doesn't remotely resemble itself from, say, 20 years ago.

EDIT: That website/e-mail is for the Jefferson City paper. However, I believe Jeff City prints another one exclusively focused on the LOTOs. Regardless, it will be tough to scratch out a living on that compensation if you're living in Osage Beach or Lake Ozark. Rent might be slightly more reasonable in Camdenton or Eldon, but I'm not sure. Or, you might be commuting from JC.

Draft saved Draft deleted