1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Killeen (TX) Daily Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Jul 21, 2009.

1. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

Reading the middle one is enough to make anyone run away...

2. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I always thought that honor belonged to Copperas Cove.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Reading the first one is quite entertaining. Coupla gems on pages 2 and 3 ...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/807563/
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/820797/

Not one person who reads this site should apply for this job ... but given the journalism jobs market, they'll get 150 resumes in the first five days.

4. Runnin Rebel

Runnin Rebel Member

Cactushead's list of questions and demands for the Business Manager makes this all seem too personal. When people (like this BM) are thrilled with their power to torture writers it seems like some place even $75K a year couldn't make someone happy.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

True dat. Hey, a job is a job. Some may be better than others. Beggars can't be choosers.

IF you don't like something about it, don't apply.

If you do apply, good luck to you.

If you get the gig, go work hard and don't feel like you have to stay forever.

6. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

I have nothing but positive things to say about the ME there, he's good people. If anyone has any questions about this job, feel free to PM me.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And also (splicing together two of your phrases) ... if you get the gig, good luck to you.

8. JournalSports

JournalSports New Member

I thought Olga Pena was the ME there? Also, the KDH was my first job in sports. It wasn't a bad place to start off - not at all. It does seem to be the place to use as a springboard but hey, like it was stated earlier, a job is a job. I realize that a lot of people that have worked there feel differently but I've worked at places that sucked a lot worse.

9. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

Turns out the old ME I was thinking about left there not too long ago. He was good people though. I still stand by that.

10. What's more painful, another ad for Killeen or being kneeded by a friend?
    [/quote]

I think I'd take kneeded by a friend if that friend were female.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think I'd take kneeded by a friend if that friend were female.
    [/quote]
    Still painful. I'd tell you to ask Ike Turner but he ain't around any longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted